Find the services and products you need for you and your company, access our directory below.
Crescentcitytrade.com gives you complete access to your account 24/7. Learn how to use it here.
Check your gift cards balance, gift card directory or purchase gift certificates and much more!
how does trade work?
Our members buy & sell goods and services from each other without spending their cash.
Our members use our own private internal currency, the trade dollar.
Businesses earn trade dollars (instead of cash) that are deposited into their account. They then have the ability to purchase goods and services from other members utilizing their trade dollars.
In the United States approximately 500,000 businesses are involved in barter exchanges.
Barter exchange systems can provide new sales and higher volumes of business.
Utilizing barter, a business can take down time or idle inventory and turn it into new revenue.
Crescent City Trade Exchange can help conserve cash for essential expenditures, and convert unproductive assets into real value.
WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT BARTER!
- “Even in modern times, bartering remains a practical choice for small businesses. It’s a cash preservation tool, something that’s especially useful in a tough economy. It can also help move unsold inventory or put idled staff to work. Done right, bartering can even drive new cash business.”
– Fortune Magazine
- “Stories abound of bartering during the Great Depression. “From the doctor who got paid in chickens to the grocer who clothed his family by trading food for shoes, resourceful folks swapped what they could to make ends meet.”
– The Times Picayune
- “Independent restaurants are turning to an old-fashioned method to fill tables—barter.
As they struggle to keep customers and pay the monthly bills, restaurants are swapping food for services like oven-hood cleaning and pest control.”
– Wall Street Journal
- “Bartering in goods and services is making a comeback during the economic downturn.”
– New York Times
- “Why would a small business bother with barter? “The main benefit is the new business we bring to them.”
– Forbes Magazine
- “Businesses by the thousands are turning to barter. Creative entrepreneurs quietly have made barter a $600 billion industry.”
– USA Today